By Martin Hose,David Schenker
- Features contributions from a variety of proven specialists and rising students of Greek literature
- Offers accomplished insurance of the numerous genres and literary types produced by means of the traditional Greeks—including epic and lyric poetry, oratory, historiography, biography, philosophy, the radical, and technical literature
- Includes readings that deal with the creation and transmission of historic Greek texts, old reception, person authors, and masses more
- Explores the topic of historic Greek literature in leading edge ways
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek Literature (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
"“Integrating her a long time of expertise as a therapist, her in-depthexamination of Jungian Analyst Toni Wolff’s relational concept of women’spsychological improvement and her ecofeminist reviews in South America,Rachel Fitzgerald has succeeded in offering therapists with a practicaland insightful consultant to higher knowing the affliction of girls whoseek their support.
The essays during this quantity talk about narrative innovations hired through overseas writers while facing rape and sexual violence, even if in fiction, poetry, memoir, or drama. In constructing those new feminist readings of rape narratives, the individuals objective to include arguments approximately trauma and resistance to be able to determine new dimensions of therapeutic.
This paintings takes an in-depth examine the realm of comedian books during the eyes of a local American reader and provides frank observation at the medium’s cultural illustration of the local American humans. It addresses quite a number portrayals, from the bloodthirsty barbarians and noble savages of dime novels, to formulaic secondary characters and sidekicks, and, sometimes, protagonists sans paternal white hero, studying how and why local americans were continuously marginalized and misrepresented in comics.
Popular poet Charles Baudelaire performed an important position in introducing Edgar Allan Poe to French readers through publishing broadly learn criticisms and translations of Poe's writings. the 2 writers shared an appreciation for the unique, a flavor for morbid topics, and a devotion to inventive purity. Baudelaire immersed himself within the research of English for the specific goal of doing justice to Poe's works, and his translations proven his popularity within the French literary international good sooner than the book of his most renowned e-book of poetry, Les Fleurs du Mal.
- The Gas Leak
- The Life-work of the Author of Uncle Tom's Cabin
- Colonial Voices: The Discourses of Empire
- Changing Bodies in the Fiction of Octavia Butler: Slaves, Aliens, and Vampires
- Spotlight on the Child: Studies in the History of American Children's Theatre (Contributions in Drama and Theatre Studies)
- Latino/a Literature in the Classroom: Twenty-first-century approaches to teaching
Additional resources for A Companion to Greek Literature (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek Literature (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Martin Hose,David Schenker